What is Tai Chi Chuan?
Tai Chi Chuan is an ‘Art’, an ongoing process of refinement, that should never be thought of as mastered.
Sunshine Coast Tai Chi Chuan offers the opportunity to begin a journey into this ancient Chinese art. Perserverence in practice will lead to calmness of mind, harmony in movement, heightened sensitivity and the development of internal energy.
The Chen Man Ching 37 movement short form is the principle focus of the school. The Yang 108 and sword form are also taught. Push hands will be taught for students who have an interest in this aspect of the art. The primary focus is on relaxation, coordination, joint mobility, leg strength and developing an awareness of upright posture and movement.
Tai Chi is based upon relaxation of body and mind and has many benefits.
- Improved overall health
- Calmness and focus of mind
- Increased energy
- Suppleness, strength, co-ordination, balance, and agility
- Overcomes stress and its related illnesses.
- Strengthening of the internal functions of the body, such as the immune system, metabolic functions, and cardiovascular system
- Better posture and alignment
- Understanding of the body’s processes and self-healing
- Harmony with the natural laws of human life
- Greater quality of life and longevity
The only requirements for Tai Chi are patience and regular practice. Young and old, men and women can all enjoy the benefits of Tai Chi Chuan.